Thank you for visiting this page. Whether you are a parent, student, or prospective family thinking about moving to Midland Park, I welcome you.
It is often said that Midland Park High School provides a private school experience within a public school setting. Our high school and middle schools are set apart by their unique blend of rigorous curricula, engaging instruction, and dynamic range of afterschool activities, including competitive sports, performing arts, and enrichment. Combined, all of these attributes give our students a full range of opportunities to pursue an all-encompassing school experience that rivals the best in the area and that, most importantly, prepares them for future success as productive members of society. Our school is:
· Ranked in the top 25 percent (ranked 68) of all New Jersey high schools, in NJ Monthly magazine
· Above average in combined SAT scores, with a score of 1600 (NJ average is 1500)
· Graduating 96 percent of students who will attend post high school education
At Midland Park High School, we give our students all of the tools that they need to achieve their personal best. Our students have access to:
· Small class sizes: Our student/faculty ratio is 3.9. The state average is 11.2
· Advanced certified faculty and staff, who guide, nurture, and bring out the best in their students
· 27 AP/Honors courses,including AP government, music theory, and psychology. AP government is offered to sophomores.
· Senior Internship Option II, which provides an alternative to the traditional graduation requirements so that students can experience multiple paths of interest
· A climate and culture that honors and celebrates diversity, promotes tolerance, and ensuresthe respect and worth of every individual
· National Honor Society
· Math and science clubs
· MP TV Broadcasting
· Regionally ranked Marching Band
· Varsity Sports
· Drama and Musical Arts
While our middle school shares the same campus as our high school, our 7th and 8thgraders are in a separate wing of the school. Since these students are in the same building, our middle school students are invited to participate in many high school extras they would never experience, including high school level sports teams, Marching Band, and performance arts programs.
I am profoundly proud of our schools and the dedicated faculty and staff to come here every day to help enrich the experience of their students. I am also deeply honored to join with our students and their families in giving our children a strong foundation on which to grow and succeed. Thank you for the privilege to serve you.
Midland Park High School is fully accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools and is an active participant in the Continuous School Improvement program operated by the Middle State Association. We are also a full-standing member of the Coalition of Essential Schools.